THE SONOMA HORSE PARK JUNIOR HORSEMANSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
For Riders Ages 10-18
Sonoma Horse Park is dedicated to supporting young riders from the walk/trot
through the conclusion of their junior career in becoming knowledgeable horsemen/
women. We believe that creating well-rounded riders, with a strong foundation in
horsemanship will help make the equestrian community in our area stronger.
The SHP Junior Horsemanship Program (JHP) strives to provide a safe community for
young riders to learn, make friends, and feel included in our community. SHP will
provide the JHP participants access to a variety of professionals in the industry that they
can learn from and engage with to enhance their horsemanship knowledge and skills.
In addition to having exposure to the top professionals, including vets, riders, trainers,
course designers, etc., we will include a charitable component at each show.
2021 is the start of this initiative. We hope that this is a long-standing program that
connects young riders to the sport and encourages them to be involved in philanthropy.
The JHP will offer the following programs and benefits for participating riders:
INDUSTRY PROFESSIONAL MEET-UPS
• Nine weeks of JHP meet-ups with leading industry professionals
• Welcome Party for the Junior Horsemanship Program participants, to be held at the 2021 SHP Spring Classic
JUNIOR RIDER LOUNGE
• SHP will create a Junior Rider Lounge that will be available each week of the Sonoma Horse Park season. We envision a place for the JHP riders to relax, connect, meet up, do school work and watch and learn. SHP will provide healthy snacks, drinks, wifi, and supporting literature such as equestrian magazines and books
SHP JHP SWAG
• SHP will partner with equestrian brands to purchase and monogram ‘swag’ (jackets, polos, saddle pads, etc.) with the Sonoma Horse Park logo and Junior Horsemanship Program logo
END OF SEASON RIDING CLINIC & PARTICIPANT APPRECIATION EVENT
• Date: TBD
• SHP will offer a free clinic to the riders who qualify through the Junior Horsemanship Program. This will be a one or two-day clinic with each clinician teaching two sections. A catered lunch will be included for riders and parents on the SHP VIP berm.
• Potential expenses related to bringing the professionals to SHP for JHP Meet-Ups and Clinic
JHP RIDER COMMITMENT REQUIREMENTS
• We will ask for the following commitments from JHP riders:
1. Commit to at least five (5) JHP meet-ups (riders do not need to be showing to attend)
2. Commit to ten (10) hours of community service within the participant’s own community or through SHP suggested partners